A SLICE OF SPAIN IN
- 1 cup rice (long grained)
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (piece, peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- salt (to taste)
- 2 lemon (juiced)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons Extra Light Fedora Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- Add rice to a pot, pouring enough water to cover the rice by 2 inches and let sit for 30-45 minutes. Rinse the rice until water runs clear. Add a little bit less than 2 cups water to the pot and bring to a boil. Add turmeric and salt. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked through. Remove from heat and let sit, covered for 5 minutes.
- Over medium heat add 2 teaspoons olive oil to the pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal to the pan. When mustard seeds start to pop add green chillies, ginger and peanuts. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice to spice mix and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Garnish with chopped cilantro.